Application and Characteristics of Toroidal Transformer
Toroidal transformers belong to a large class of electronic transformers. It has been widely used in household appliances and other electronic equipment with high technical requirements. Its main use is as a power transformer and isolation transformer. Toroidal transformers have a complete series abroad and are widely used in computers, medical equipment, telecommunications, instruments and lighting.
The toroidal transformer has excellent cost performance, good output characteristics and anti-interference ability, so it is a competitive electronic transformer. Next, introduce its features one by one.
The iron core of the toroidal transformer is made of high-quality cold-rolled silicon steel plate (thickness is usually less than 0.35mm), and has been seamlessly rolled, so that the performance of the iron core is better than that of the traditional laminated iron core. The coil of the toroidal transformer is evenly wound on the iron core, and the direction of the magnetic field lines generated by the coil is almost consistent with the magnetic circuit of the iron core. Compared with the laminated type, the excitation energy and iron loss are reduced by 25%, and it has many advantages as follows.
1. High electrical efficiency. There is no air gap in the core, and the stacking factor can be as high as 95% or higher. The magnetic permeability of the core can be 1.5~1.8T (the laminated core only needs 1.2~1.4T). Electrical efficiency can be as high as 95% or more. The no-load current is only 10% of the laminated type.
2. Small size and light weight Compared with laminated transformers, toroidal transformers can reduce the weight by half. Toroidal transformers can easily change the ratio of the length, width and height of the core as long as the cross-sectional area of the core remains equal.
3. Magnetic interference There is no air gap in the core of the small ring motor, and the winding is evenly wound on the ring core. This structure results in small flux leakage and small electromagnetic field ultraviolet rays. Highly sensitive electronics can be used without additional containment. Used as low-level amplifiers and medical equipment.
4. Small vibration and noise The iron core has no air gap, which can reduce the noise generated by the iron core. The windings evenly and closely surround the toroidal core, effectively reducing the noise caused by magnetostriction.
5. Easy to install There is only one installation screw in the center of the toroidal transformer, which is especially easy to install and remove quickly in electronic equipment.
6. Lower working temperature Because the iron loss can reach 1.1W/kg, the iron loss is very small, the core temperature is very low, and the winding dissipates the heat of the iron core at a lower temperature, so the temperature rise of the transformer is very low
Contact: Allen ,Peter
Phone: 86-13798599027 86-13662699854
Tel: 86-13798599027 86-13662699854
Email: Allen@cxpowertransformer.com Peter@cxpowertransformer.com
Add: Room 1301, Building 3, No. 68, Xingzhou Road, Shatian Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China